Monday, September 15, 2008

Got gas?

O.k. I am totally new to this blogging thing, so I will try not to rant too much this go-around. I just want to know where has all the gas gone? I realize my family and I do live in a VERY rural area, but come on... I went to five, yes five different gas stations this morning and they were all completely out of gas! At the sixth gas station they did have the premium gas that now costs a gazillion dollars a gallon! To my disgust, I paid the cashier a crisp twenty dollar bill for 4.5 gallons of gas-UGGGH! Seriously, if one small (category 2) hurricane is going to cause this much trouble with our economy what in the world is going to happen if something MAJOR happens. It's all really scary to me. My husband, the high school economy teacher, tells me this is a simple supply and demand issue. He says that "IKE" threatened the supply, people panicked, and the demand went up immediately, all causing gas prices to rise. I understand all that, but IKE wasn't near as bad as predicted and we have all that "emergency" stockpiled oil here in the US. So can anyone tell me what the problem is? And really, is Sand Mountain going to get a gas delivery anytime in the near future? O.k. now that I got all of that out of my system I would like to say that I am very thankful to the good Lord above that IKE was not as bad as predicted, that he allowed my family and myself to see another glorious day, and that the sixth gas station did at least have SOME gas! To those of you reading this, please pray for the safety and comfort all of those who were directly affected by IKE .

Karri

No comments: