Friday, June 19, 2009

In case your wondering..../Happy Father's Day



In case you are wondering where we have gone...we are in Myrtle Beach! It was a very last minute planned trip, but a much needed one. Let me start at the beginning of the week. Jason had to take the varsity basketball boys to camp at UTC for 3 days, mon-wed of this week. So, that left me by myself going crazy with kids. However, due to a last minute cancellation and a very good friend, I got a call on Monday with an offer I couldn't refuse! I almost called Jason to squeal about what a great deal and vacation I had secured for us, but I thought, how fun would it be to suprise him when he got home on wed.? And that's just what I did. I had everything packed and loaded in car with driving directions along with a Happy Father's Day card waiting on Jason when he walked in the door. The kids and I said "we love you, now go get in the car"! (This is a huge deal for me, I've never pulled off a suprise with out him finding out in the 16 yrs we've known each other). Off we went! We left at about 6:30 wed nite and I drove for a little over 8 hours straight! That was ok though because Jason and the kids slept most of the way. Even though this is Jason's father's day gift, I need the get-a-away too. We are having the best, most relaxing time. It's beautiful weather here and the kids have been fairly well behaved.


Now onto Happy Father's Day. Most of you who've been to a crowed beach know that you see allll kinds wondering up and down the sandy shores. This week I've seen men who are tall, short, fat, thin, handsome, and some who hit every limb on the ugly tree on the way down. Looking at all the men passing me by I have thought to myself how blessed I am that Jason is my husband and the father of our children. He is not perfect, but he is perfect for our family. He is more than I could ever ask for and much more than I deserve, but God somehow brought us together and has guided us every step of the way through our marriage and blessed us with two beautiful children. I love him with all my heart. My soul is for Jesus, but Jason has the rest of me! I don't tell him enough how much I appreciate him and everything he does for our family, but I don't know what we would do without him. He has more than honored the vows we took almost 14 years ago....in sickness and in health, in good times and bad...he has honored me all the days of our marriage. He is a christian role model to our children. He loves the kids all the time, but is a disciplinarian when he needs to be (which is a lot with Cohen sometimes). I can't say enough good things about him, I am truely a blessed woman. Thank you God for bringing Jason and I together, and thank you Jason for being the man you are.



Now, back to the beach. We had a little excitement today while we were swimming. Look closely at the pic of the water. See that dark line a little way off the shore. Well, that is a large school of fish that sharks were chasing! The lifegaurds made everyone clear outta the water in a hurry when they saw them. The most we've ever worried about on our trips to the gulf of mexico were jellyfish! With that being said, I think I do prefer the Atlantic Ocean here over the Gulf. The sand is still white but not powdery (so it doesn't stick to EVERYTHING) and the shells here are AMAZING! With that being said, it's dark now and the kids are ready to get the flashlights and nets out to go crabbin'! We will see you all back on the mtn. soon!

7 comments:

Deedra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K. Tilley said...

I'm so jealous! I won't even be able to get into the pool this summer.....but it's been worth it! Hope you have the best time ever and can relax and get some much needed rest. Girl you wear me out....lol Love ya and be safe!!

Jen said...

My little peanut already loves its aunt Karri cutie!!!! I am so happy you guys took a much needed trip! I think about you everyday. Mom sends her love, she was asking about you today. You have the cutiest kids ever!!!!! I love you bunches!!!!

Cheryl said...

I am so glad everything is going well for you. Although you could have offered Julie and myself a ride as we were both waiting for an invite;) This will be a Father's Day present Jason will never forget. Have fun, relax and enjoy your time. Love you!

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I hope you are having a wonderful time! I LOVE that you were able to do this. No one deserves it more. :)

Anonymous said...

I was wondering how I had missed that yall were going to the beach. When you txt to say you were in Myrtle Beach I was surprised, but I now know I wasn't the only one surprised...LOL..You are so right, we do need to go a group vacation next year. Rachel loved the picture of Taegan and said to tell her she wished she was there too.

Yall have a great time and tell Jason Happy Fathers Day for us.

Love Ya,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Looks like you pulled it off! Have an awesome time. Loved your dedication to Jason. You are right, God placed you together. Love ya!