Monday, June 8, 2009

Setting the Record Straight!

Hi everyone out there in blogland! Boy have I missed you guys. It's been well....interesting to say the least around our house the past month. I don't really know where to start. There have been so many rumors started and spread around this tiny little town about me the past few weeks I can't begin to address them all. I can't get into details, but I just want to say that they are ALL lies. I have been accused of something I would NEVER, EVER do for many reasons. First and foremost, I love the Lord and though I am a sinner I would not and did not break a sacred commandment. second I love my family more than anything on this earth and would not do anything to hurt them or put them in jeopardy. Anyone who really knows me knows the truth by now and I do not hold a grudge against those who have spread these rumors (Thank you Luke McKay for your message yesterday at church). All I ask is that you speak to ME personally before you speak of things you really have no idea about and if you hear someone else speaking of things they know nothing about to defer them to me. Sorry to get into that, but, I had to get that off my chest! I also wanted to say thank you to my family and friends who have supported me through this mess. If it were not for you guys and the good Lord giving me strength, I think I would crumble into a million pieces. Even through this sadness and confusion, God has blessed me and my family far beyond what we deserve. I am so grateful to get to spend time with my little boy, who's about to start kindergarten soon, and my little girl, who has always been a mommy's girl. And I have gotten to do so much work at the church, all for HIM. I ask you all to continue to pray for my family and for our VBS this week. I hope that the Lord will claim some more victories in lives for HIM this week. May the Lord bless you all!
Karri

PS- I just wanted to send out a special thanks and love to my husband, my sis Freda, deanie and wayne, aunt kay, gail, crystal, all my cousins and my friends-Lisa, Jenny, Tammy, Deedra, Kim, Keri, and bro. Luke. I can never repay you all for your love and support, but I promise I will never stop trying!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

No thanks needed here. I would stand behind you a thousand times over. You are a precious person and the best of friends and as you said, if anyone really knows you they would never even entertain the thought that these rumors could even be true.

Love ya girl,
Tammy

K. Tilley said...

I agree with Tammy you are a precious jewel and I admire and love you so much! I especially admire you for looking at this situation as a blessing in many ways. That is something I am not sure I could do but because of your loving heart and kind nature you see the good in this and I have learned so much from watching you be a great example as a friend and as a Christian. I pray that God will continue to pour our His Grace upon you and your family and that He will give you renewed strength for each day ahead. I love you and your family dearly!

Elizabeth Hopper said...

Thinking and praying for you all! :)

Anonymous said...

I missed you last night at Bible Study! As usual, it was VERY timely! See you next week. Love you!

Carrie said...

I agree with the girls above...I never ever believed for one minute. You are not capable of doing such a thing. You are a blessing and such a sweet, sweet person. I've had you in my prayers and continue to pray for you and your family. I cannot imagine the STRESS you have been under. It's great that you can see the good in all that you went through. Love you!

Holly said...

I think about you and your family alot. You have many many people that stand behind you and stand up for you especially in this hard time and we all know the truth and know your heart. It is just one of the disadvantages of living in a small town, is that everyone knows your business before you do. One day the truth will come out and the quilty will be punished. It may not be in this life but God knows.
It is obvious that God is living in you because I don't know that I could handle it and still be as happy as you are.

Anonymous said...

Karri- You really are a precious person and I am praying for you and your family! Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.

Brandi White

Shaunta said...

We are praying for you! I can't even begin to imagine dealing with a situation like this, but you have handled it far better than other people would have. Love you!

Cheryl said...

Those nasty rumors went right over my head. You are such a strong person, I am proud to call you family! Keep your chin up and keep that sweet smile on your beautiful face. I have enjoyed this week with you. YOU ARE THE BEST! Thanks for making things easier for all of us. Can you come next week also:) Love You!

Wendy L said...

Karri, I love ya so much and girl what a blessing it is to be around you! Through these last few months your life has been such a wonderful testimony to your faith!! God bless you and your family!